* don't show author and date on odt export?
@ 2013-08-26 18:49 Matt Price
From: Matt Price @ 2013-08-26 18:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Org Mode

Hi,

I'm trying to figure out how best to tell org not to display my name
and the date at the top of the page when it exports document.
Currently, it seems I can do htis by setting

However, this also removes the relevant info from the file metadata.
I would prefer to somehow change the export template so that these
lines aren't produced.  Anyone know if that's possible? Would I have
to modify ox-odt.el directly -- and is that hard to do?  It looks like
the relevant lines in that file are around 1488-1541.  I'm a little
loathe to modify the code directly though, as I like to just git pull
from the master branch...

Thanks!
Matt

* Re: don't show author and date on odt export?
@ 2013-08-26 21:05 ` Matt Price
From: Matt Price @ 2013-08-26 21:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Org Mode

On Mon, Aug 26, 2013 at 2:49 PM, Matt Price <moptop99@gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm trying to figure out how best to tell org not to display my name
> and the date at the top of the page when it exports document.
> Currently, it seems I can do htis by setting

> However, this also removes the relevant info from the file metadata.
> I would prefer to somehow change the export template so that these
> lines aren't produced.  Anyone know if that's possible? Would I have
> to modify ox-odt.el directly -- and is that hard to do?  It looks like
> the relevant lines in that file are around 1488-1541.  I'm a little
> loathe to modify the code directly though, as I like to just git pull
> from the master branch...

I realize I also don't quite understand how to preformat the header
and footer of each page.  I feel like this should be possible, as at
least some footer info is generated by default (page number in centre
of footer).  But despite some inspection of both ox-odt.el and the
styles.xml and content.xml of my exported document, I can't figure out
how the content of the footer is determined.

Thanks again!

@ 2013-08-30 10:12 ` Jambunathan K
From: Jambunathan K @ 2013-08-30 10:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Matt Price; +Cc: Org Mode

Matt Price <moptop99@gmail.com> writes:

> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to figure out how best to tell org not to display my name
> and the date at the top of the page when it exports document.
> Currently, it seems I can do htis by setting

> However, this also removes the relevant info from the file metadata.
> I would prefer to somehow change the export template so that these
> lines aren't produced.  Anyone know if that's possible? Would I have
> to modify ox-odt.el directly -- and is that hard to do?  It looks like
> the relevant lines in that file are around 1488-1541.  I'm a little
> loathe to modify the code directly though, as I like to just git pull
> from the master branch...

I have difficulty grasping what you are saying here.  You are talking
about meta.xml and content.xml.

You want title and author in ... and don't want title and author in ....

Better still, on what counts is the current arrangement unsatisfactory.
i.e., what is your use-case?

@ 2013-08-30 10:19   ` Jambunathan K
From: Jambunathan K @ 2013-08-30 10:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Matt Price; +Cc: Org Mode

Matt Price <moptop99@gmail.com> writes:

> On Mon, Aug 26, 2013 at 2:49 PM, Matt Price <moptop99@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I'm trying to figure out how best to tell org not to display my name
>> and the date at the top of the page when it exports document.
>> Currently, it seems I can do htis by setting

>> However, this also removes the relevant info from the file metadata.
>> I would prefer to somehow change the export template so that these
>> lines aren't produced.  Anyone know if that's possible? Would I have
>> to modify ox-odt.el directly -- and is that hard to do?  It looks like
>> the relevant lines in that file are around 1488-1541.  I'm a little
>> loathe to modify the code directly though, as I like to just git pull
>> from the master branch...
>
> I realize I also don't quite understand how to preformat the header
> and footer of each page.  I feel like this should be possible, as at
> least some footer info is generated by default (page number in centre
> of footer).  But despite some inspection of both ox-odt.el and the
> styles.xml and content.xml of my exported document, I can't figure out
> how the content of the footer is determined.

With a page style applied, click on the footer, insert a pagenumber
field and save the document.  The resulting changes will be stored in
the styles.xml under

Do you see text:page-number down below?

  <office:master-styles>
	<text:p text:style-name="MP1"><text:page-number text:select-page="current">
        </text:page-number></text:p>

  </office:master-styles>

Use ODT_STYLES_FILE and the newly created ott file to pick up new
header/footer configuration.