Hi Christian, Thanks for the insightful comments. Javascript is an interesting domain; totally foreign to me, though. Christian Moe writes: > (except when the window becomes seriously too small, > and the year jumps up on top of the other one, but that, I think, has to > be expected). This is what I'm trying to get rid of, somehow... In my full document it seemed to jump around much more. . . I think I got it working now by rerunning the script on resize and cloning the node rather than modifying the original node. I have no idea if this is bad. It works wonderfully in the newest Firefox and Gnome Web. > A different problem is that the script only picks out every other > bol-year DIV, as you will soon see if you add more entries with boxes on > the left. The reason is that getElementsByClassName returns a live > HTMLCollection that updates according to the document order of the > elements even as the script changes that order. Interesting. > To loop through them, try simply > > var e = elements[0]; // instead of var e = elements[i]; Thanks this is very helpful. Next step: Proper small caps and make it work well on my phone! Thanks, Rasmus -- And I faced endless streams of vendor-approved Ikea furniture. . .