From: Eduardo Mercovich <eduardo@mercovich.net>
To: Nicolas Goaziou <mail@nicolasgoaziou.fr>
Cc: "emacs-orgmode@gnu.org" <emacs-orgmode@gnu.org>
Subject: Re: LaTeX > PDF blocked by extender chars in filename
Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2017 13:49:45 -0300	[thread overview]

Hello Nicolas.

>> Repeating the same experiment now results in:
>> 1. Org inserts the same string
>> (file:img/ProcesoDeDise%C3%B1oDeInteraccion.pdf)
>> 2. But export is not blocked! :)

> Great.

>> 3. The linked file is not present on the exported pdf (may not
>> be an
>> org issue, but about other latex to pdf component)...

> Could you show the produced ".tex" counterpart?

Totally. Just in case, I made a specific org file to test this.

The relevant part of the source org says:
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Maecenas
a nisl ut dui placerat mattis sit amet ut justo. Phasellus
faucibus cursus aliquet. Sed blandit mattis gravida. Maecenas
tincidunt purus blandit sapien congue, vel molestie lacus tempor.
Donec ut magna auctor, cursus augue id, hendrerit neque. Donec
viverra elit venenatis ullamcorper malesuada. Etiam at tellus
maximus, aliquam neque ut, bibendum justo. Aliquam sem nisl,
tempus vitae placerat at, bibendum a erat. Donec tincidunt auctor
volutpat.

[[file:img/ProcesoDeDise%C3%B1oDeInteraccion.pdf]]

Praesent iaculis nisi interdum justo placerat, eu gravida nibh
posuere. Fusce scelerisque, nisi ut fermentum aliquet, lorem arcu
finibus arcu, fringilla consectetur erat purus id magna. Etiam vel
neque id risus volutpat lacinia. Nam non lorem lectus. Ut neque
ex, sagittis sit amet porta vitae, commodo nec urna. Integer non
ipsum at dolor eleifend hendrerit in a mi. Vivamus pellentesque
interdum consectetur.

The tex file (only the relevant part) says:

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Maecenas
a nisl ut dui placerat mattis sit amet ut justo. Phasellus
faucibus cursus aliquet. Sed blandit mattis gravida. Maecenas
tincidunt purus blandit sapien congue, vel molestie lacus tempor.
Donec ut magna auctor, cursus augue id, hendrerit neque. Donec
viverra elit venenatis ullamcorper malesuada. Etiam at tellus
maximus, aliquam neque ut, bibendum justo. Aliquam sem nisl,
tempus vitae placerat at, bibendum a erat. Donec tincidunt auctor
volutpat.

\begin{center}
\includegraphics[width=.9\linewidth]{img/ProcesoDeDise%C3%B1oDeInteraccion.pdf}
\end{center}

Praesent iaculis nisi interdum justo placerat, eu gravida nibh
posuere. Fusce scelerisque, nisi ut fermentum aliquet, lorem arcu
finibus arcu, fringilla consectetur erat purus id magna. Etiam vel
neque id risus volutpat lacinia. Nam non lorem lectus. Ut neque
ex, sagittis sit amet porta vitae, commodo nec urna. Integer non
ipsum at dolor eleifend hendrerit in a mi. Vivamus pellentesque
interdum consectetur.  --8<---------------cut
here---------------end--------------->8---

The 2nd paragraph, right after the "\end{center}", is centered,
don't know why.

So, it gets exported to the tex file. But I don't know if that
"translation" breaks something...

Running "pdflatex TestDeLinkConCaracteresExtendidos.tex" gives
errors but produces the pdf just as from inside Orgmode.

Now, replacing the specific chars directly in the tex file
"/ProcesoDeDise%C3%B1oDeInteraccion.pdf" by
"/ProcesoDeDiseñoDeInteraccion.pdf" (as it is the filename) and
running again pdflatex gives a not found error (Package pdftex.def
Error: File `img/ProcesoDeDise�oDeInteraccion.pdf' not found) but
makes the pdf with a rectangle in place of the pdf diagram. So
definitively there is something with the filename
encoding/translation here (sorry if those words are used without
precision, I'm far outside my domain).

How is it supposed to be referenced a file with extended chars in
the filename? Is the issue then with the latex to pdf part, or do
we have to write such filenames differently?

Thanks a lot for your help and attention to this issue... :)

--
eduardo mercovich

 Donde se cruzan tus talentos
 con las necesidades del mundo,