* Help me secure some free time for org-mode in 2020
@ 2019-12-16 18:09 Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2019-12-16 18:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode; +Cc: emacs-devel

Dear all,

I have been involved in Org-mode development when Carsten offered me
to take over maintainance, back in 2010.

I still feel grateful for the opportunity he gave me: his dedication
to make Org a useful tool for Emacs users was examplary and I did my
very best to give to the community as much as I received from it.

Over the last years, Nicolas de facto took over maintainance and it
was a real relief for me: I was struggling with my finances and this
was eating up all my free time.  Nicolas steadily played the role I
played for years, reassuring users that someone was on board, that
bugs would be fixed and new features discussed on this mailing list.

My plan for 2020 is to ensure a smooth transition while I step down
as the maintainer---at least by the end of 2020, probably by July.

As my timetable (and family life) has become more stable, I am more
confident I can dedicate some of my free time again to maintaining
until the transition is done: also because there are many ideas I
would like to try, discuss and implement---Org possibilities still
feel endless!

If you want to help me secure some free time, please go ahead!

I recommend using https://liberapay.com/bzg

If you cannot, there are also these services:

https://github.com/sponsors/bzg
https://www.paypal.me/bzg

You can also help by sharing the messages I sent:
https://mastodon.etalab.gouv.fr/@bzg/103318485790068452
https://twitter.com/bzg2/status/1206617096462983169

I would love stepping down while releasing Org 10 and making this
one of the best release ever.  Thanks!

--
 Bastien