* Customizing the agenda item format
@ 2021-09-19 17:46 Matt Huszagh
From: Matt Huszagh @ 2021-09-19 17:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

I'm attempting to create a custom agenda, but having a bit of trouble
getting this to work in the way that I want. In particular, I'd like to
be able to specify the display format for each item.

Here's what I've got so far:

(setq org-agenda-custom-commands
      '(("c" "Custom agenda view"
         ((tags-todo "hardware|electronics|mechanical_engineering"
                     ((org-agenda-skip-function '(org-agenda-skip-entry-if 'todo '("HOLD")))
                      (org-agenda-overriding-header "Hardware")
                      (org-agenda-prefix-format "  ")
                      (org-agenda-hide-tags-regexp ".*")))))))

This gives me something like

TODO some headline title

This is close to what I want. But, all my items are TODO so I don't want
to display this. In other words, I just want

some headline title

Then, I'd also like to display the title of the page, right-justified,
in parentheses.

So,

some headline title                                (some page title)

Another display I'm considering is to present the full outline path,
rather than just the title, so something like

some/headline/path                                 (some page title)

I can provide functions to get this information, but I don't know how to
present it in the agenda.

Are displays like this possible? `org-agenda-prefix-format' gives a lot
of flexibility for the prefix format, but I wasn't able to find
something similar for the actual item. The "Presentation and Sorting"
part of the manual also didn't give me any leads.

Thanks
Matt

only message in thread, other threads:[~2021-09-19 17:50 UTC | newest]