Hi Bastien, >> I’m tempted to make some patches to remove all the Emacs < 26 >> compatibility code if we no longer need it. What do you think? > > We should NOT remove this code: many people probably use/need it. > > Anything that helps keeping Org compatible with Emacs < 26 is > still useful, the more compatible the better. > > If for some reason, some backward-compatibility code becomes too > difficult to maintain then perhaps yes we can remove it, but not > before. Hmm, I’m not entirely sure what to think here. On one hand, I very much agree with you that it’s better if Org is compatible with older versions just by having a bit of extra code left in org-compat.el. However, if many bits of Org use Emacs 24/25/26 functions that /aren’t/ covered in org-compat.el (as I think is currently the case) that leads to bits of Org that are covered by org-compat.el and bits that aren’t, and so I imagine this currently produces inconsistently buggy behaviour in old versions of Emacs. If this were just a question of fully supporting older Emacs versions at no extra cost, I’d be inclined to respond as you have, but I think the problem we really have is whether it’s better to provide /partial/ support for older versions of Emacs? Personally I’m more inclined towards an all-or-nothing approach. All the best, Timothy