Hello, I have replied to your message, and the previous one, on the new thread dedicated to the search engine feature, at "Remarks #5": https://list.orgmode.org/878quf1ji0.fsf@k-7.ch/T/#m2425dcfc7665e88aefcbd81800d2d83aef98cd5b Best regards ------- Gendre Sébastien Orm Finnendahl writes: > Am Sonntag, den 08. September 2024 um 18:42:51 Uhr (+0000) schrieb > Ihor Radchenko: >> I agree that including indexer is just a question of adding specific >> javascript. >> >> But I think that it would be useful to provide some default toggle to >> include such a tool without having to know the details of what js to >> include and where. Just as a simple user option. >> > > whatever. The js is already included in the pagefind distribution, so > it is a simple > > #+HTML_HEAD: > > in the org file and the searchbar html in the preamble (or wherever). > >> It should probably work for single page as well. I do not see why >> not. > > sure it works. I just question the raison d'etre, when single page > search is already integrated into webbrowsers. But as always there > will be people arguing that it is necessary to have a search bar with > pop up results integrated into the page and of course there is nothing > wrong with that. I use pagefind myself, but the site I'm working on > (built with the multipage exporter BTW) currently contains more than > 400 files where the browser search can't help.