Hello every one, * Context At the beginning of September, I have started a discussion about adding multiple new features to ox-html exporter. This discussion lead to also discuss new features about org-mode itself. To avoid the confusion of having multiples features discussed in the same thread, following the suggestion of Ihor Radchenko, I will create a separated thread for each discussed feature. The original message can be found here: https://list.orgmode.org/87frqbel30.fsf@localhost/ * Feature description and summary of previous discussion The goal of this feature is to add, on a website generated with org-publish, a local search engine. The idea is to have a simple solution that can be easily enabled with an org-publish option set to "t". The search engine, it's search field and how the website is indexed is gonna be implemented through a pluggable system. Like that, a user can choose between different solutions. And if the chosen default solution is no longer maintained, it's more easy to switch to another one. The search field is gonna be included in a new section, present on each web page. This section serve to website navigation, can be displayed at top or side and will include: - The exported website name and/or logo - A website navigation menu (discussed in another thread I will create later) - The search field ** Search engines For now, the first search engine tested is PageFind: https://pagefind.app/ Their was discussions about the risk of no longer maintained search engine, that when Ihor Radchenko suggested the pluggable system. * What's next on this feature ? First, I opened this thread to discuss about how we want this search engine feature to be. In my next message of this thread, I will quotes remarks from Ihor Radchenko, Max Nikulin and Orm Finnendahl to continue the discussion. I will also include my replies. When we have decided how this new feature should work, I will write some patches to implement them. (I think I already sign the document for the FSF). Note that I'm on my last year as a student, so I'm may take some time to reply to message and also write patches. * And about the other features ? How do you want to discuss the other features ? One by one and only start to discuss the next one when the previous is implemented ? Or do you prefer I create new threads for each of themes in the next days ? Best regards ------- Gendre Sébastien