On Wed, 30 Jun 2010 06:43:38 +0100, Stephen Eglen wrote: > > > > > does not get exported as a timed event. Obviously, the easy solution > > is to put the time in the date stamp. However, I like using the > > "insert diary" function in the agenda view for defining appointments > > and this doesn't allow the time to be specified other than in a > > headline. Would it be possible to enhance the insert diary function > > to prompt for a time (and while we're at it, tags as well)? > > hi Eric, > I had a similar request, and we worked out a solution to this a while > ago. In the agenda, try 'i d', and then type something like > '11:00-11:45 Seminar with Bob', and the code should parse out the > timestamp as long as you have the following variable set to t: > > (setq org-agenda-insert-diary-extract-time t) > > Stephen Indeed! Exactly what I wanted. I should have *known* that org would already have what I want. Thanks, eric