From: Christian Egli <christian.egli@sbs.ch>
To: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org
Subject: Re: [WORG] How to ediff folded Org files?
Date: Tue, 09 Apr 2013 09:29:28 +0200	[thread overview]

Michael Brand <michael.ch.brand@gmail.com> writes:

> But instead of the above I use this for ediff generally, it persists
> in Org mode:
>
> #+BEGIN_SRC emacs-lisp
>   (add-hook 'ediff-prepare-buffer-hook 'f-ediff-prepare-buffer-hook-setup)
>   (defun f-ediff-prepare-buffer-hook-setup ()
>     ;; specific modes
>     (cond ((eq major-mode 'org-mode)
>            (f-org-vis-mod-maximum))
>           ;; room for more modes
>           )
>     ;; all modes
>     (setq truncate-lines nil))
>   (defun f-org-vis-mod-maximum ()
>     "Visibility: Show the most possible."
>     (cond
>      ((eq major-mode 'org-mode)
>       (visible-mode 1)  ; default 0
>       (setq truncate-lines nil)  ; no `org-startup-truncated' in hook
>       (setq org-hide-leading-stars t))  ; default nil
>      (t
>       (message "ERR: not in Org mode")
>       (ding))))
> > #+END_SRC

I condensed this to the following since I don't use truncate-lines and
org-hide-leading-stars

;; ediff for org-mode files
(add-hook 'ediff-prepare-buffer-hook
	  (lambda ()
	    (cond ((eq major-mode 'org-mode)
		   (visible-mode 1)))))

But now the problem now is that the visible-mode persists even when I
quit ediff. I tried to find a hook which lets me undo the visible-mode
but I couldn't find an obvious one. There is ediff-quit-hook but this is
done in the ediff-control-buffer.

Maybe after all it might be better to use ediff-select-hook and
ediff-unselect-hook.

Thanks
Christian
--