Ihor Radchenko writes: > "Dr. Arne Babenhauserheide" writes: > >> I often see a huge number of warnings while publishing my website with >> org-publish: >> >> Warning (org-element-cache): org-element--cache: Got empty parent while >> parsing. >> ... >> To reproduce (though I’m not sure whether this will work outside my >> machine): >> >> - Requirements: mercurial, make, Emacs (naturally :)) >> >> hg clone https://hg.sr.ht/~arnebab/draketo >> cd draketo >> autoreconf -i >> ./configure >> make >> >> This should open a graphical Emacs (required for good syntax >> highlighting) which then displays the warnings in the *Warnings* buffer. > > What if you use the dev version of Org mode? I added ;;; use dev-version of org-mode (setq load-path (cons "~/eigenes/Programme/org-mode/lisp" load-path)) (setq load-path (cons "~/eigenes/Programme/org-mode/contrib/lisp" load-path)) just before (require 'org). And with that I didn’t see the problem before creating a new article. When I tried creating a new article, the org-element-cache problem didn’t appear at the start. What I saw in the minibuffer are messages I’d been ignoring before: after adding a new article, the first run errors out and the *Messages* buffer ends with: Mark set Replaced 0 occurrences Code block produced no output (took 0.3s). htmlize-face-to-fstruct-1: Wrong type argument: htmlize-fstruct, #s(htmlize-fstruct "#000000" "#ffffff" nil nil nil nil nil nil nil) Package cl is deprecated I had to quit manually (though I could have waited for the timeout in the Makefile). I’m not sure whether this is local breakage from my setup. On the second run I got the endless org-element-cache warnings again, though. After aborting with C-g, exiting (with regular quit) and running the third time, that org-element-cache warning appeared for three articles, but only once each: - https://hg.sr.ht/~arnebab/draketo/browse/politik/terror-gegen-israel.org?rev=tip - https://hg.sr.ht/~arnebab/draketo/browse/software/install-on-guix.org?rev=tip - https://hg.sr.ht/~arnebab/draketo/browse/software/install-freenet-linux.org?rev=tip Best wishes, Arne