Ihor Radchenko writes: > Previously, the point was always at process-mark when BODY is > called. Now, it may not be the case. It may cause problems. On the one hand -- I'm not sure I agree that it would cause problems. IMO setting point to process mark goes hand-in-hand with cutting the dangling text -- so that text can be inserted into the comint buffer at process mark. And the default behavior remains to cut dangling text and move point to process mark, so nothing should change for those languages that rely on this behavior. OTOH -- I'm not sure the option to skip cutting dangling is really necessary anymore. While the ob-python-style approach (which relies on `process-send-string', or more specifically `python-shell-send-string') doesn't require moving point or cutting the dangling text -- it doesn't seem to affect anything either, since BODY is wrapped in `save-excursion' (via `org-babel-comint-in-buffer'). In an earlier version of this patch I did see some weird behavior that I thought was due to cutting the dangling text, but I can't reproduce it anymore. So for now, I think it's better to just remove the NO-SAVE-DANGLING option. If we find we need this option later for some reason, we can figure out the details about point/process-mark then. I've reattached the patch with this option removed, and also rebased onto latest main.