On Thu, 12 Aug 2010 09:59:02 -0500, Erik Iverson wrote: > > > > Eric S Fraga wrote: > > On Thu, 12 Aug 2010 08:44:42 -0500, Erik Iverson wrote: > >> Can you try setting it via setq (i.e., globally) and see what happens? > >> > >> On 08/12/2010 07:53 AM, Eric S Fraga wrote: > >>> Hello all, > >>> > >>> Back from a short holiday and trying to catch up on work... and so I > >>> may have missed something in the org mailing list (although I've > >>> searched...). > >>> > >>> I have a large file which includes many babel code blocks (mostly > >>> maxima) that I wish to have evaluated on export. This works except > >>> that I have to confirm each evaluation (which takes some time). I > >>> know that org-confirm-babel-evaluate exists so I have put the > >>> following at the top of my org file: > >>> > >>> # -*- org-confirm-babel-evaluate: nil; -*- > > > > [...] > > > > Erik, > > > > setting it globally (well, through customize as with setq didn't > > actually change the global value) works just fine so there must be > > some problem with the local value being ignored (I don't know enough > > about emacs variables to understand the distinction, at the level of > > lisp programming, between global and buffer local variables)? > > > > Of course, I'm not comfortable with the global setting for all the > > reasons already discussed on this list! > > If you look at the definition of org-confirm-babel-evaluate, you'll see: > > ;; don't allow this variable to be changed through file settings > (put 'org-confirm-babel-evaluate 'safe-local-variable (lambda (x) (eq x t))) > > I'll guess as to why this is. You might not want to have a malicious > file essentially being able to override the very feature meant to > protect the user. I could be off base with that. I'm guessing there > is a solution to your problem, I just don't know it. > Ahhh... I can see the reasoning behind this but I guess the question becomes one of whether there is any way to turn this off for a file I am working on without having to turn it off globally? If not, I could turn it off globally for a while... not a big deal, I guess. Thanks! eric