* [new-exporter] org-export-before-parsing-hook GOTCHA
@ 2013-03-15 21:43 Charles Berry
From: Charles Berry @ 2013-03-15 21:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Is this a feature or a bug?

in org-export-as, there are these lines

,----
| (goto-char (point-min))
| (run-hook-with-args 'org-export-before-parsing-hook backend)
`----

For some time, I used hook functions that usually reset the position
of *point*. They worked fine.

Recently, they produced strange results in subtree exports - a later
headline was used as the title even when :EXPORT_TITLE: was set. Other
properties like :EXPORT_FILE_NAME: seemed unaffected (OK).

I have put `save-excursion' in my code, and all seems to be well.

But I wonder if it is understood in defun'ing hooks that it is up to
the coder to make sure that *point* gets put back where it needs to be.

Or should there be another (goto-char (point-min)) after the lines above.

* Re: [new-exporter] org-export-before-parsing-hook GOTCHA
@ 2013-03-19 17:09 ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2013-03-19 17:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Charles Berry; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Charles,

Charles Berry <ccberry@ucsd.edu> writes:

> Is this a feature or a bug?

A bug: the user is not supposed to be so careful.

This should be fixed now, thanks!

--
 Bastien