* How to change the export semantics of the property-drawer?
@ 2017-09-15 17:54 Eduardo Bellani
From: Eduardo Bellani @ 2017-09-15 17:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-org list

Hello list.

I am trying to export the property-drawer as a description list on an
html derived backend, but I'm afraid I got stuck after some effort in
it.

Basically, I wanted this:

,----
| * Some
|   :PROPERTIES:
|   :CUSTOM_ID: 123
|   :END:
`----

To be exported *as if* it was this

,----
| * Some
|   - custom_id :: 123
`----

The problem I am facing is, how to resolve links in properties? The
example below illustrates the maximum point I've reached in my efforts

If someone can point me to a path, I'll be happy to follow it.

Thanks.

,----

| * some
|   :PROPERTIES:
|   :CUSTOM_ID: qwe123
|   :END:
|
| * another
|   :PROPERTIES:
|   :link:   [[#qwe123]]
|   :END:
|

| #+BEGIN_SRC emacs-lisp
|   (defun fee-html-property-drawer (property-drawer contents info)
|     "Transcode a property-drawer into a descriptive list."
|     (let* ((drawer-properties
|             (with-temp-buffer
|               (org-mode)
|               (insert (format "* H\n%s" (org-element-interpret-data property-drawer)))
|               (goto-char (point-min))
|               (org-element--get-node-properties)))
|            (dlist))
|       (--> drawer-properties
|            (ht<-plist it)
|            (ht-map (-lambda (key value)
|                      (format "- %s :: %s"
|                              (string-trim (symbol-name key) ":") value))
|                    it)
|            (string-join it "\n")
|            (org-export-string-as it
|                                  'html
|                                  info))))
|
|   (org-export-define-derived-backend 'fee-html 'html
|     :translate-alist '((property-drawer . fee-html-property-drawer)))
| #+END_SRC

`----

[-- Attachment #2: signature.asc --]

* Re: How to change the export semantics of the property-drawer?
@ 2017-09-15 19:49 ` Eduardo Bellani
From: Eduardo Bellani @ 2017-09-15 19:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Eduardo Bellani; +Cc: emacs-org list

Sorry, I forgot about the subject tag.

@ 2017-09-15 20:02 ` Nicolas Goaziou
From: Nicolas Goaziou @ 2017-09-15 20:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Eduardo Bellani; +Cc: emacs-org list

Hello,

Eduardo Bellani <ebellani@gmail.com> writes:

> I am trying to export the property-drawer as a description list on an
> html derived backend, but I'm afraid I got stuck after some effort in
> it.
>
> Basically, I wanted this:
>
> ,----
> | * Some
> |   :PROPERTIES:
> |   :CUSTOM_ID: 123
> |   :END:
> `----
>
> To be exported *as if* it was this
>
> ,----
> | * Some
> |   - custom_id :: 123
> `----
>
> The problem I am facing is, how to resolve links in properties? The
> example below illustrates the maximum point I've reached in my efforts
>
> If someone can point me to a path, I'll be happy to follow it.

I would use a tree filter that transforms property drawers into
description lists right in the parse tree.

If you know a value is a link, you can use
`org-element-parse-secondary-string' on it.

Nicolas Goaziou