On Thursday, 14 Sep 2017 at 16:02, Loris Bennett wrote: > But should this kind of ordering dependency happen? Or should my > Customize block just be at the beginning of my .emacs rather than at the > end? I make sure my customizations are loaded before anything else. I have my customizations in a separate file and "(load custom-file)" as one of the first things in my Emacs init. Not the first as such as I set the load-path to point to the versions of packages I am using that may conflict with built-in ones in Emacs. -- : Eric S Fraga via Emacs 26.0.50, Org release_9.0.10-729-gb792e2