Jan Ulrich Hasecke writes: > There are some more issues. Startup time of my emacs is more than 30 > seconds even after optimizing something with esup. I have 10.000+ files > in my org-roam and fear that I hit some limitation either of org-roam or > my hardware. I use use-package with the :defer option for everything that I don’t always need at startup. That gives me sub-second startup, which is OK, and at first idle it adds more packages. The other main focus I have there nowadays is to stay close to vanilla Emacs: Only change what I really need different. The main advantage of that is that when I need an editor that is there *at once*, I just use emacs -Q That avoids all customizations, even those from the distribution, and it is roughly instant (if you need more, then add -nw to open it purely in the terminal). Best wishes, Arne -- Unpolitisch sein heißt politisch sein, ohne es zu merken. draketo.de