Marcin Borkowski writes: > 2. We modify Emacs itself to somehow highlight the ZWS. There is (kind > of) a precedent – a no-breaking space is already fontified with > =nobreak-space= face. At the very least, make whitespace-mode somehow > show ZWSs (which it doesn't now, and I'd probably say it's a bug). > > I know that my point 2. is a bit controversial, since it could lead to > alignment issues where a ZWS is displayed as something with a positive > width. OTOH, even now changing the face of a ZWS leads to a narrow > (1-pixel wide) line of a different color. Is there a way to make it > a bit stronger? We can try to create an accent. Try the following: 1. Open new empty org buffer 2. Disable font-lock-mode 3. M-: (insert (compose-string "a​" nil nil (list ?a '(bl . tl) ?␣))) The result will look like on the attached image. Best, Ihor