Hello everyone, I have attached a patch to refactor `org-babel-eval' and `org-babel--shell-command-on-region' to improve readability and to make local variables more consistent between functions. This also removes two parameters from `org-babel--shell-command-on-region', START and END. The function was created as a simplified `shell-command-on-region' that does only part of what it does. Those two parameters were included. As far as I can tell, `org-babel--shell-command-on-region' is only ever called by `org-babel-eval', and there is never any uncertainty over the contents of START and END as they are only ever (point-min) and (point-max). Given how specialized this function is, I believe it highly unlikely this is called anywhere else. I searched github too and didn't find anywhere where where code is calling this so I felt it was safe. I'm happy to change it back if necessary. Please let me know what you think. Thanks, Nick