* OLUG talk about Org-mode
@ 2011-07-03 20:16 Carsten Dominik
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2011-07-03 20:16 UTC (permalink / raw)

I just saw this flying by on twitter:

George De Bruin is giving a talk about Emacs org-mode on July 5.  It will be streamed live - maybe someone can try to capture the stream (Don't know if the OLUG makes the video available afterwards)?

http://www.olug.org/2011/06/july-2011-olug-meeting/

- Carsten

* Re: OLUG talk about Org-mode
@ 2011-07-04  1:24 ` suvayu ali
From: suvayu ali @ 2011-07-04  1:24 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Carsten,

On Sun, Jul 3, 2011 at 10:16 PM, Carsten Dominik
<carsten.dominik@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I just saw this flying by on twitter:
>
> George De Bruin is giving a talk about Emacs org-mode on July 5.  It will be streamed live - maybe someone can try to capture the stream (Don't know if the OLUG makes the video available afterwards)?
>
> http://www.olug.org/2011/06/july-2011-olug-meeting/

If you look at the related videos at the bottom of the ustream page,
you can see there are recorded sessions of past talks. So maybe it
will be recorded automatically.

--
Suvayu

* Re: OLUG talk about Org-mode
@ 2011-07-04 12:32 ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2011-07-04 12:32 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Carsten,

> I just saw this flying by on twitter:
>
> George De Bruin is giving a talk about Emacs org-mode on July 5.  It will
> be streamed live - maybe someone can try to capture the stream (Don't know
> if the OLUG makes the video available afterwards)?
>
> http://www.olug.org/2011/06/july-2011-olug-meeting/

Also to be noted: Thierry Stoehr, a long time Orger, gave a talk about
org-mode yesterday at the RMLL (free software meeting) in La Réunion:

  http://formats-ouverts.org/blog/2011/06/20/2712-conference-a-la-reunion

And I will present Org at the GNU hackers meeting in Paris, 25-28th of
August.  I hope the conference will be captured - but I can't promised
anything.  Julien Danjou will be here too.

  http://www.gnu.org/ghm/2011/paris/

Best,

--
 Bastien

* Re: OLUG talk about Org-mode
@ 2011-07-07 13:05 ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2011-07-07 13:05 UTC (permalink / raw)

> http://www.olug.org/2011/06/july-2011-olug-meeting/

The video is now here:

  http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/15820239

Nice chilling out atmosphere!

It would be great to have the slides (pdf?).

--
 Bastien

* Re: OLUG talk about Org-mode
@ 2011-07-07 14:22   ` Pieter Praet
From: Pieter Praet @ 2011-07-07 14:22 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Thu, 07 Jul 2011 15:05:33 +0200, Bastien <bzg@altern.org> wrote:
> Carsten Dominik <carsten.dominik@gmail.com> writes:
>
> > http://www.olug.org/2011/06/july-2011-olug-meeting/
>
> The video is now here:
>
>   http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/15820239
>
> Nice chilling out atmosphere!
>
> It would be great to have the slides (pdf?).

Can someone provide a working download link ?

All that Flash+JS+ads stuff provokes lunch ejection.

I've tried the obvious one [1] but no joy. It's a waste of 225,6 MiB.

Slides would be much appreciated as well.

> --
>  Bastien

Peace

--
Pieter

[1] http://ustream.vo.llnwd.net/pd15/0/1/15/15820/15820239/1_365053_15820239.mp4

* Re: OLUG talk about Org-mode
@ 2011-07-12 22:15     ` Memnon Anon
From: Memnon Anon @ 2011-07-12 22:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Pieter Praet <pieter@praet.org> writes:
> On Thu, 07 Jul 2011 15:05:33 +0200, Bastien <bzg@altern.org> wrote:
>> The video is now here:
>>   http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/15820239
>>
>> Nice chilling out atmosphere!

:(, my firefox only shows a white box.

Do I have to sign up and login to view it?

> Can someone provide a working download link ?

Can someone provide a working video? ;)

Memnon

* Re: OLUG talk about Org-mode
@ 2011-07-13  8:54       ` Sebastien Vauban
From: Sebastien Vauban @ 2011-07-13  8:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode-mXXj517/zsQ

Hi Memnon,

Memnon Anon wrote:
>> Can someone provide a working download link ?
>
> Can someone provide a working video? ;)

I've uploaded it on my Web site:

http://www.mygooglest.com/sva/OLUG_Meeting_July_2011.flv

Please download it, as this link may become unavailable in the future.

Best regards,
  Seb

--
Sebastien Vauban

* Re: OLUG talk about Org-mode
@ 2011-07-13  8:58       ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2011-07-13  8:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Memnon Anon; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Memnon,

Memnon Anon <gegendosenfleisch@googlemail.com> writes:

> :(, my firefox only shows a white box.

Surely a problem with the flash/gnash plugin.

> Do I have to sign up and login to view it?

Nope.

>> Can someone provide a working download link ?
>
> Can someone provide a working video? ;)

Yes, that'd be nice!

--
 Bastien

* Re: OLUG talk about Org-mode
@ 2011-07-13 19:21 Jonathan Leech-Pepin
From: Jonathan Leech-Pepin @ 2011-07-13 19:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi Memnon,

Memnon Anon wrote:
>> Can someone provide a working download link ?
>
> Can someone provide a working video? ;)

The direct link to the video on the UStream site is:

http://ustream.vo.llnwd.net/pd15/0/1/15/15820/15820239/1_365053_15820239.flv

Even if it doesn't load the video (simply a white box) you should still be
able to Save As... and watch it offline.

Regards,

Jonathan

* Re: OLUG talk about Org-mode
@ 2011-07-14  3:45 ` Memnon Anon
From: Memnon Anon @ 2011-07-14  3:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi Jonathan,

Jonathan Leech-Pepin <jonathan.leechpepin@gmail.com> writes:

> The direct link to the video on the UStream site is:
> http://ustream.vo.llnwd.net/pd15/0/1/15/15820/15820239/1_365053_15820239.flv

If I understood Pieter Praet correctly, this did not work for him:

,----[ Message ID: <878vsa2msg.fsf@praet.org>]
| I've tried the obvious one [1] but no joy. It's a waste of 225,6 MiB.
| [1] http://ustream.vo.llnwd.net/pd15/0/1/15/15820/15820239/1_365053_15820239.mp4
`----[Archived-At: http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.orgmode/43844]

This did work for me:

,----[ Sebastien Vauban: Message-ID: <804o2qtvbd.fsf@somewhere.org> ]
| http://www.mygooglest.com/sva/OLUG_Meeting_July_2011.flv
| Please download it, as this link may become unavailable in the future.
`----[Archived-At: http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.orgmode/44175]

Memnon

* Re: OLUG talk about Org-mode
@ 2011-07-14  4:00         ` Memnon Anon
From: Memnon Anon @ 2011-07-14  4:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi Sebastien,

> I've uploaded it on my Web site:
> http://www.mygooglest.com/sva/OLUG_Meeting_July_2011.flv
> Please download it, as this link may become unavailable in the future.

Thanks!
Got it, its working.

And while I am at it, thank you very much for making your .emacs
available there and keeping it very well documented. It prompted
a reorganization of mine and me making it available, too.

Memnon

* Re: OLUG talk about Org-mode
@ 2011-07-14 13:40   ` Pieter Praet
From: Pieter Praet @ 2011-07-14 13:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Memnon Anon, emacs-orgmode

On Thu, 14 Jul 2011 03:45:04 +0000 (UTC), Memnon Anon <gegendosenfleisch@googlemail.com> wrote:
> Hi Jonathan,
>
> Jonathan Leech-Pepin <jonathan.leechpepin@gmail.com> writes:
>
> > The direct link to the video on the UStream site is:
> > http://ustream.vo.llnwd.net/pd15/0/1/15/15820/15820239/1_365053_15820239.flv
>
> If I understood Pieter Praet correctly, this did not work for him:
>
> ,----[ Message ID: <878vsa2msg.fsf@praet.org>]
> | I've tried the obvious one [1] but no joy. It's a waste of 225,6 MiB.
> | [1] http://ustream.vo.llnwd.net/pd15/0/1/15/15820/15820239/1_365053_15820239.mp4
> `----[Archived-At: http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.orgmode/43844]

Well, it might work if you're logged in, but since I loathe registering
(yet another account I'll *never* use), I simply snatched that URL out
of the page source, and ended up with a (presumably) DRM-protected file.

> This did work for me:
>
> ,----[ Sebastien Vauban: Message-ID: <804o2qtvbd.fsf@somewhere.org> ]
> | http://www.mygooglest.com/sva/OLUG_Meeting_July_2011.flv
> | Please download it, as this link may become unavailable in the future.
> `----[Archived-At: http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.orgmode/44175]

Indeed it does.

> Memnon

Peace