* Any work on Java ME?
@ 2011-07-26  4:44 XeCycle
From: XeCycle @ 2011-07-26  4:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Java ME seems more widely supported, has anyone worked on that?

Also, it's painful to input text on iOS devices, and text is all of Org
mode.

--
Carl Lei (XeCycle)
Department of Physics, Shanghai Jiao Tong University

[-- Attachment #2: Type: application/pgp-signature, Size: 489 bytes --]

* Re: Any work on Java ME?
@ 2011-07-26 10:06 ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2011-07-26 10:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: XeCycle; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

XeCycle <xecycle@gmail.com> writes:

> Java ME seems more widely supported, has anyone worked on that?
>
> Also, it's painful to input text on iOS devices, and text is all of Org
> mode.

I don't understand.  Can you be more explicit?

 Bastien

* Re: Any work on Java ME?
@ 2011-07-26 10:57   ` Tassilo Horn
From: Tassilo Horn @ 2011-07-26 10:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Bastien <bzg@altern.org> writes:

>> Java ME seems more widely supported, has anyone worked on that?
>>
>> Also, it's painful to input text on iOS devices, and text is all of
>> Org mode.
>
> I don't understand.  Can you be more explicit?

That was my first question, too. :-)

And quoting Wikipedia:

,----[ http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Java_Platform,_Micro_Edition ]
| There are more than 2.1 billion Java ME enabled mobile phones and
| PDAs, but it is becoming old technology as it is not used on any of
| today's newest mobile platforms (e.g. iPhone, Android, Windows Phone
| 7, MeeGo, BlackBerry's new QNX).
`----

Bye,
Tassilo

* Re: Any work on Java ME?
@ 2011-07-26 12:42   ` XeCycle
From: XeCycle @ 2011-07-26 12:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Bastien <bzg@altern.org> writes:

> XeCycle <xecycle@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> Java ME seems more widely supported, has anyone worked on that?
>>
>> Also, it's painful to input text on iOS devices, and text is all of Org
>> mode.
>
> I don't understand.  Can you be more explicit?

Sorry.  I mean to port Org mobile to Java ME platform --- has anyone
worked on that?  Now Org mobile is on iOS platform, and we need Apple
devices to run it.  I don't have one, but my phone supports Java ME.
Also Android supports Java ME.

--

@ 2011-07-26 14:32     ` Tassilo Horn
From: Tassilo Horn @ 2011-07-26 14:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

XeCycle <xecycle@gmail.com> writes:

Hi!

>>> Java ME seems more widely supported, has anyone worked on that?
>>>
>>> Also, it's painful to input text on iOS devices, and text is all of
>>> Org mode.
>>
>> I don't understand.  Can you be more explicit?
>
> Sorry.  I mean to port Org mobile to Java ME platform --- has anyone
> worked on that?  Now Org mobile is on iOS platform, and we need Apple
> devices to run it.  I don't have one, but my phone supports Java ME.
> Also Android supports Java ME.

To my best knowledge, Andoid does not support Java ME.  It uses a
flavour of Java, but not ME.  From wikipedia:

  Android
  =======

  The Android open-source software stack consists of Java applications
  running on a Java-based, object-oriented application framework on top
  of Java core libraries running on a Dalvik virtual machine featuring
  JIT compilation.

  Java Platform, Micro Edition
  ============================

  There are more than 2.1 billion Java ME enabled mobile phones and
  PDAs,[2] but it is becoming old technology as it is not used on any of
  today's newest mobile platforms (e.g. iPhone, Android, Windows Phone
  7, MeeGo, BlackBerry's new QNX).

And there is already MobileOrg for Android:

  https://github.com/matburt/mobileorg-android/wiki/

Bye,
Tassilo

* Re: Any work on Java ME?