Bastien writes: > I agree they are general and should be move out of org-export.el. > > Note that one of my plan for 8.[01] is to put org.el on diet so that > it loads more quickly and for more basic stuff. So maybe there will > be org-plan.el at some point for org-schedule, org-deadline and > anything related to planning. Ideally, Org would *just* be outline > reloaded (with orgtble and all editing facilities), while other > features would have their own library. So maybe those functions > will end up outside of org.el one day... but I'd say it's okay > to have them in org.el for now. The attached patch moves them into org.el, with an org-timestamp- prefix. Though, I think I have to withdraw my proposal about using #+DATE: value as a time format string. Indeed, date value, along with any document property, is parsed, which defeats the purpose of using it as a format string. We can still implement a convenient macro to handle timestamps in date keyword. What do you think? Regards, -- Nicolas Goaziou