I'm now starting to write a org-mode document in place of doing it in LaTeX, but its left me puzzled by some things, like - a) How do you make a paragraph, or even a sentence, italic? I've tried following the "org-mode manual" but that just shows it for single words. b) I am used to using "\gls{foo}" for having a glossary entry in the text, and referring to \newglossaryentry{foo}{name=foo,description=blah de blah}. But how do I do it in org-mode please? c) How do I show an item as being selected to show in the index? In LaTeX its done using \index{foo} d) Are there any tutorials, or good teaching web sites please? Thanks Sharon. -- A taste of linux = http://www.sharons.org.uk my git repo = https://bitbucket.org/boudiccas/dots TGmeds = http://www.tgmeds.org.uk Debian testing, fluxbox 1.3.5, emacs 24.4.1.0