* Bug: Agenda fails to parse time interval like 23:00-29:00 [9.1.9 (release_9.1.9-65-g5e4542 @ /home/yantar92/.emacs.d/straight/build/org/)]
@ 2019-12-02  2:49 'Ihor Radchenko'
From: 'Ihor Radchenko' @ 2019-12-02  2:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

I have one scheduled item like the following:

* test
<2019-12-05 Thu 23:00-29:00>

This kind of item fails to be parsed by agenda because of incorrect
treatment of 23:00-29:00 time interval

Specifically, calling
(org-agenda-format-item nil #("test" 0 3 (face org-level-1 org-category
"schedule" fontified t)) " " "schedule" nil #("<2019-12-02 Mon 23:00-29:00>" ... ) ...)

yields (org-get-time-of-day "29:00" 'string t) -> "+5:00", which is then
passed to (org-duration-to-minutes "+5:00"), resulting in error.

Regards,
Ihor

Emacs  : GNU Emacs 27.0.50 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, X toolkit, cairo version 1.16.0)
 of 2019-11-25
Package: Org mode version 9.1.9 (release_9.1.9-65-g5e4542 @ /home/yantar92/.emacs.d/straight/build/org/)

* Re: Bug: Agenda fails to parse time interval like 23:00-29:00 [9.1.9 (release_9.1.9-65-g5e4542 @ /home/yantar92/.emacs.d/straight/build/org/)]
  2019-12-02  2:49 Bug: Agenda fails to parse time interval like 23:00-29:00 [9.1.9 (release_9.1.9-65-g5e4542 @ /home/yantar92/.emacs.d/straight/build/org/)] 'Ihor Radchenko'
@ 2019-12-07 16:14 ` Nicolas Goaziou
From: Nicolas Goaziou @ 2019-12-07 16:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'Ihor Radchenko'; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hello,

'Ihor Radchenko' <yantar92@gmail.com> writes:

> I have one scheduled item like the following:
>
> * test
> <2019-12-05 Thu 23:00-29:00>
>
> This kind of item fails to be parsed by agenda because of incorrect
> treatment of 23:00-29:00 time interval

What makes you think the time interval above is correct? I would also
expect an error from that time specification.

Nicolas Goaziou

@ 2019-12-07 16:24   ` Ihor Radchenko
From: Ihor Radchenko @ 2019-12-07 16:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nicolas Goaziou; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

> What makes you think the time interval above is correct? I would also
> expect an error from that time specification.

I also thought that it is incorrect (and posted a bug report since it is
what is produced by typing 11pm+6 in org-read-date).
However, I got a reply that 23:00-29:00 is a valid time interval
format [1].

Best,
Ihor

[1] https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-orgmode/2019-07/msg00039.html

@ 2019-12-07 16:35   ` Ihor Radchenko
From: Ihor Radchenko @ 2019-12-07 16:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nicolas Goaziou; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

[Resending without a link since your mail server classified my previous message as spam]

> What makes you think the time interval above is correct? I would also
> expect an error from that time specification.

I also thought that it is incorrect (and posted a bug report since it is
what is produced by typing 11pm+6 in org-read-date).
However, I got a reply that 23:00-29:00 is a valid time interval
format (see "Bug: Incorrect behaviour of org-schedule when defining a
time in").

Best,
Ihor