Hello, Nicolas Goaziou writes: > Thank you for the patch! Some comments follow. > > It would be useful to also explain what happens when the value is > `reorganize-frame', `split-window-right', or `split-window-right', e.g., > that previous window configuration is restored. > > It may be useful to wrap `set-window-configuration' within > `unwind-protect' so we can still reset the > `org-src--saved-temp-window-config' variable even though something went > wrong. > > WDYT? Thank you for reviewing my patch, I agree with both of your suggestions, and have added them to the attached patch, which I also rebased on latest master. I am wondering whether this should be considered a new feature, or instead fixing a regression, in which case I could rebase on maint instead. Finally, I think we should consider moving to the display-buffer framework (https://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/manual/html_node/elisp/Choosing-Window.html#Choosing-Window), as this will provide a lot more flexibility, and simplify the code as well. We could also use `quit-restore-window' (https://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/manual/html_node/elisp/Quitting-Windows.html) to restore the window configuration after editing. I'll start a new thread/RFC/patch for this later this month, when I have a bit more time.