Hi Tim, Tim Cross writes: >> But that is an abuse of direct formatting, which I think should always be >> avoided, especially in a format-agnostic environment like Org, which is >> more of a logician than a typesetter :-) > > I think this is a really important point. Whenever we add formatting > specific directives, we always end up in a somewhat uncertain situation > with respect to the other back ends. I also feel that in-line blocks > which support large and complex formatting configuration really defeat > the purpose of an in=line block (which I feel should be kept relatively > simple). I also find complex constructs of this form really degrades the > readability of source documents. To me, this is another reason for comment and #+attr_X lines not to break paragraphs, as then we can just re-use #+attr_X lines. E.g. ┌──── │ Hi there look at │ #+attr_X: :prop val │ inline_mark{some content} │ and now continuing the paragraph... └──── As mentioned previously, this would also be rather nice for comments in paragraphs and also applying attributes to a link in a paragraph, i.e. ┌──── │ I'm a big fan of the │ #+attr_html: :title Visit the Org homepage │ [[https://orgmode.org/][Org]] │ project. └──── All the best, Timothy