In a largeish buffer, org-fold-core--fix-folded-region significantly slows down typing to a point where I have to wait a few milliseconds to see the characters typed. With emacs -Q, the slow down isn't as bad as with my full configuration but it is still noticeable. Setting `org-fold-core--ignore-modifications' to t makes the lag go away. The large buffer that I type in has a PROPERTIES drawer for every heading there is and I have 481 such headings. There is one heading with a couple of drawers that are hundred of lines long and might even have long lines. I can send this heading if you would like privately. The buffer has the following STARTUP options set: #+STARTUP: fold num I have attached three files: · org-fold-core-slow-profile: profiler report in the said large buffer with my Emacs configuration. · org-fold-core-fast-profile: profiler report in a fresh new org buffer with only two lines, also recorded with my Emacs configuration. · org-fold-core-emacs-Q-still-kinda-slow: profiler report in the said large buffer recorded in `emacs -Q'. If this is not enough info, please tell me how to help. Thank you.