"Martin Edström" writes: > Bit off-topic, but I have still not understood what functionality the > file-level drawers actually enable. I suppose dropping support is out > of the question? It seems every other function I write has to have > special-purpose code to handle the case of outline level 0... it's a > maintenance burden. I got the impression it was only added due to > org-roam, but it does not actually need them. It works fine with a > traditional top-level heading instead of a #+title. I only use a buffer level properties drawer with Org-roam. But I have difficulties to understand why Org-roam use it and not use a heading at lever 1 with an ID. Maybe for the export ? I had never understand if, with org-mode, using the top-level heading for the document title is a good idea. Doesn't it cause problem with export ? I got the same kind of questioning with Org-ql. For example, if I made a blog with Org-mode, org-publish and Org-ql. I write 1 blog post per org-mode file and I want to automatically build the home page of the blog with Org-ql. For Org-ql, in each post file, I need to have a top level heading representing the blog post. But if I do that, it will break the HTML export ?