Russell L. Carter wrote: >I greatly prefer a pointer to the fundamental docs in lieu of an >explanation here. I figured these out by mimicking working code, and >they work for me. But what are these operators|delimiters actually >doing? >I have both the latest versions of the GNU Emacs Lisp Reference Manual >and the Introduction to Programming in Emacs Lisp, sitting before me >and they have been extensively interrogated, as has google. Yet still >I have to bother the list. I'm sorry! These things are called backquotes, discussed in GNU Emacs Lisp Reference Manual Section 13.5. HTH -- David -- OpenPGP... 0x99ADB83B5A4478E6 Jabber.... dmjena@jabber.org Email..... dmaus@ictsoc.de