* new org-export-html-preamble
@ 2011-02-28 16:29 Robert Klein
From: Robert Klein @ 2011-02-28 16:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi everyone,

does anyone have by chance a working example of the
org-export-html-preamble, introduced on February, 10?

Up to now I used

    :preamble "my preamble"

Now I'm lost in not knowing lisp enough.

Thank you very much for your help!

Robert

* Re: new org-export-html-preamble
@ 2011-02-28 16:35 ` Nick Dokos
From: Nick Dokos @ 2011-02-28 16:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Robert Klein; +Cc: nicholas.dokos, emacs-orgmode

Robert Klein <roklein@roklein.de> wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> does anyone have by chance a working example of the
> org-export-html-preamble, introduced on February, 10?
>
> Up to now I used
>
>    :preamble "my preamble"
>
> Now I'm lost in not knowing lisp enough.
>
> Thank you very much for your help!

I think you just need to change

  :preamble "my preamble"

  :html-preamble "my preamble"

and similarly for postamble, so no elisp necessary.

Nick

PS. ...but I have not tried it.

* Re: new org-export-html-preamble
@ 2011-02-28 16:58   ` Robert Klein
From: Robert Klein @ 2011-02-28 16:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: nicholas.dokos; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On 28.02.2011 17:35, Nick Dokos wrote:
> Robert Klein<roklein@roklein.de>  wrote:
>
>> Hi everyone,
>>
>> does anyone have by chance a working example of the
>> org-export-html-preamble, introduced on February, 10?
>>
>> Up to now I used
>>
>>     :preamble "my preamble"
>>
>> Now I'm lost in not knowing lisp enough.
>>
>> Thank you very much for your help!
>>

> I think you just need to change
>
>    :preamble "my preamble"

>    :html-preamble "my preamble"
>
> and similarly for postamble, so no elisp necessary.
>
> Nick
>
> PS. ...but I have not tried it.

Hi Nick,

thanks for the help.  Actually I probably had a typo at first and
descended into lisp then.

Your suggestion works, but I had to polish my escapes in the format
string, e.g.
     width=\"20\%\"
now has to be
     width=\"20\%%\"

because of the format-spec function used instead of org-replace-escapes.

Probably will have to be careful with the sitemap also; there was a
patch on Feb. 11, which also uses format-spec.

Thanks again and best regards

@ 2011-03-02 17:31     ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2011-03-02 17:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Robert Klein; +Cc: nicholas.dokos, emacs-orgmode

Hi Robert,

Robert Klein <roklein@roklein.de> writes:

>> I think you just need to change
>>
>>    :preamble "my preamble"

>>    :html-preamble "my preamble"
>>
>> and similarly for postamble, so no elisp necessary.

Yes, that's it.

> Your suggestion works, but I had to polish my escapes in the format string,
> e.g.
>     width=\"20\%\"
> now has to be
>     width=\"20\%%\"
>
> because of the format-spec function used instead of org-replace-escapes.
>
> Probably will have to be careful with the sitemap also; there was a patch
> on Feb. 11, which also uses format-spec.

I've added explanations on how to escape the % character in such
variables, thanks for spotting this.

--
 Bastien