At Sat, 9 Apr 2011 20:23:38 +1000, Matt Curtis wrote: > > Hello, > > I would like agenda timestamps to support time zones somehow, and I'm after > some guidance from org-mode developers. Nothing Org mode specific but with regards to the problem of representing time I recently stumbled across Erik Naggum's essay "The Long, Painful History of Time" http://naggum.no/lugm-time.html ABSTRACT The programming language Common Lisp offers a few functions to support the concept of time as humans experience it, including GET-UNIVERSAL-TIME, ENCODE-UNIVERSAL-TIME, DECODE-UNIVERSAL-TIME, and GET-DECODED-TIME. These functions assume the existence of a timezone and a daylight saving time regime, such that they can support the usual expression of time in the environment in which a small number of real-life applications run. The majority of applications, however, need more support to be able to read and write dates and times, calculate with time, schedule events at specific clock times daily, and work with several time zones and daylight saving time regimes. This paper discusses some of the problems inherent in processing time suitable to humans and describes a solution employed by the author in a number of applications, the LOCAL-TIME concept. Maybe this might give a clue on the "somehow" part. Best, -- David -- OpenPGP... 0x99ADB83B5A4478E6 Jabber.... dmjena@jabber.org Email..... dmaus@ictsoc.de