* Bug: no hypertext in a latex exported footnote
@ 2013-01-28  5:38 Heikki Lehvaslaiho
From: Heikki Lehvaslaiho @ 2013-01-28  5:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

If you add a footnote that starts with an URL, latex export fails to
recognize it as a hypertext. My quick fix has been to add a nonbreaking
space before the URL. I'd love to see this fixed in the repo.

#---------------------------Example text--------------------------
#+TITLE:  Hypertext export in a footnote

* Main text

Two search engines google[fn:google] and bing[fn:bing].

* Footnotes

[fn:google] \nbsp http://www.google.com is hypertex

[fn:bing] http://www.bing.com is not a hypertext

#---------------------------Example text--------------------------

I prefer the look of the footnote (in PDF) with a space separating the
number and the text, but is the tight coupling such a well
established convention that this has to be fixed in some other way than
adding a tilde into the latex?

     -Heikki

Heikki Lehvaslaiho - skype:heikki_lehvaslaiho http://about.me/heikki
cell: +966 545 595 849  office: +966 2 808 2429

KAUST Supercomputing Center, Building #1, Level 0, R0124
4700 King Abdullah University of Science and Technology (KAUST)
Thuwal 23955-6900, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia

* Re: Bug: no hypertext in a latex exported footnote
@ 2013-01-28  6:59 ` Nicolas Goaziou
From: Nicolas Goaziou @ 2013-01-28  6:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Heikki Lehvaslaiho; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hello,

Heikki Lehvaslaiho <heikki.lehvaslaiho@gmail.com> writes:

> If you add a footnote that starts with an URL, latex export fails to
> recognize it as a hypertext. My quick fix has been to add a nonbreaking
> space before the URL. I'd love to see this fixed in the repo.

The next export framework, which will be merged soon, doesn't suffer
this bug.

Thank you for the report.

Nicolas Goaziou