* How to export all content of a sparse tree to a separate buffer/file?
@ 2013-12-02 20:40 Subhan Tindall
From: Subhan Tindall @ 2013-12-02 20:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Org-Mode

I'm looking for a relatively straightforward way to export content from one
org file to a separate org file or org-mode buffer.

I've got the org exporter bit working

I can create the sparse tree based on a given tag with no problem.
But, when I export it using 'visible only'
what I get is headlines only.
There are a fair number of headlines with content below the headline like
this:
** NOTES
a whole buch of stuff
here that I would like to export as well

as well as a lot of clocking information.

Any ideas?

Example process
C-c / <tag>  <- create sparse tree
C-c C-e <-bring up dispatcher
C-v <-export visible only, if I don't do this I get the whole file, not the
sparse tree
O O <-export to org buffer

Thanks!
Subhan

--
Subhan Michael Tindall | Software Developer
| smt@rentrakmail.com
RENTRAK | www.rentrak.com | NASDAQ: RENT

* Re: How to export all content of a sparse tree to a separate buffer/file?
@ 2013-12-03 20:24 ` Nicolas Goaziou
From: Nicolas Goaziou @ 2013-12-03 20:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Subhan Tindall; +Cc: Org-Mode

Hello,

Subhan Tindall <subhan.tindall@rentrakmail.com> writes:

> I'm looking for a relatively straightforward way to export content from one
> org file to a separate org file or org-mode buffer.
>
> I've got the org exporter bit working
>
> I can create the sparse tree based on a given tag with no problem.
> But, when I export it using 'visible only'
> what I get is headlines only.
> There are a fair number of headlines with content below the headline like
> this:
> ** NOTES
> a whole buch of stuff
> here that I would like to export as well
>
> as well as a lot of clocking information.

Do you mean that "visible only" export doesn't export everything visible
in the buffer?

If so, could you provide an ECM?

Nicolas Goaziou