* Org latex pdf syncing
@ 2017-09-17 17:07 Amos Bird
From: Amos Bird @ 2017-09-17 17:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

Is there a way to support pdf syncing when exporting and opening pdf in org mode?

regards,

--
Amos Bird
amosbird@gmail.com

* Re: Org latex pdf syncing
@ 2017-09-17 17:53 ` Nick Dokos
From: Nick Dokos @ 2017-09-17 17:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Amos Bird <amosbird@gmail.com> writes:

> Hi,
>
> Is there a way to support pdf syncing when exporting and opening pdf in org mode?

Meaning that if you make a change to the org file, you see the change immediately
in the displayed PDF? I don't think there is a built-in way to do that.

--
Nick

* Re: Org latex pdf syncing
@ 2017-09-17 18:01   ` Thomas S. Dye
From: Thomas S. Dye @ 2017-09-17 18:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nick Dokos; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Nick Dokos writes:

> Amos Bird <amosbird@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Is there a way to support pdf syncing when exporting and opening pdf in org mode?
>>

> Meaning that if you make a change to the org file, you see the change immediately
> in the displayed PDF? I don't think there is a built-in way to do that.

Or, if syncing means what SyncTeX does for TeX source code, so that it
is possible to jump back and forth to the same place in the TeX and pdf
documents, the answer is the same as Nick's, that there is no built in
way to do that in Org mode.

All the best,
Tom

--
Thomas S. Dye
http://www.tsdye.com

* Re: Org latex pdf syncing
@ 2017-09-18  1:55     ` John Kitchin
From: John Kitchin @ 2017-09-18  1:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Thomas S. Dye; +Cc: Nick Dokos, emacs-orgmode

I used this minor mode:
https://github.com/jkitchin/scimax/blob/master/ox-manuscript/ox-manuscript.el#L949

long enough to see that it kind of worked. It basically launched an
async export every time you saved an org file. If you have a pdf viewer
that will refresh when it changes on disk, it is pretty close to real
time syncing if your pdf doesn't take long to build. There is no jumping
back and forth though.

--
Professor John Kitchin
Doherty Hall A207F

* Re: Org latex pdf syncing
@ 2017-09-18  2:50 ` Eduardo Mercovich
From: Eduardo Mercovich @ 2017-09-18  2:50 UTC (permalink / raw)

Does this latexmk recipe works for your needs?
http://pragmaticemacs.com/emacs/speed-up-pdf-export-from-org-mode-with-latexmk/

(On the phone, sorry the shortness)

--
eduardo mercovich

Donde se cruzan tus talentos
con las necesidades del mundo,
ahí está tu vocación.

El sep 17, 2017 2:08 PM, "Amos Bird" <amosbird@gmail.com> escribió:

> Hi,
>
> Is there a way to support pdf syncing when exporting and opening pdf in
> org mode?
>
> regards,
>
> –
> Amos Bird