From: Ihor Radchenko <yantar92@gmail.com>
To: Jean Louis <bugs@gnu.support>
Cc: Texas Cyberthal <texas.cyberthal@gmail.com>,
	"emacs-orgmode@gnu.org" <emacs-orgmode@gnu.org>
Subject: Re: One vs many directories
Date: Thu, 26 Nov 2020 11:32:37 +0800	[thread overview]

> Can I automated the execution of Babel code upon opening of the Org
> file?

Adding to other suggestions, you can always add a custom function to
org-mode-hook instead of playing with file-local variables.

> Then we comes to actual execution of tasks. How do we get reminded?
>
> Is the reminder only if I press {C-c a} for org-agenda? Do I need to
> do action to get reminded?

You can always configure Emacs to run agenda on startup. Just add a
command to your init file ;)

For automatic reminders, there is built-in org-notify.el or external
org-alert package (https://github.com/spegoraro/org-alert).

> Personal problem is that tasks are sparse and separate in various Org
> files and not centralized. I become dependent of org-agenda to do what
> I need but it never does what I need.

I agree that org-agenda has many issues that cannot be easily solved
because of its complexity. However, everything you describe (including
multi-occur) can also be achieved with org-ql
(https://github.com/alphapapa/org-ql) - analogue of SQL query language
for org-mode (with more optimisations in comparison with org-agenda).

Best,
Ihor