Greg Coladonato writes: > I get a similar error to Scott's every time I save an org-mode file. I > turned on backtrace and got this output: Thanks for reporting and providing the detailed backtrace! Backtrace is really strange because cache is clearly updated upon changing the file, but somehow somewhere a stale element is still returned. Given that you are using org-roam, the only suspect that may create stale copies of cached elements is org-element-parse-buffer. The attached patch is making sure that org-element-parse-buffer never tries to reuse cache. Can you try the patch and see if it helps? Best, Ihor