Hi Tim, > WRT making this part of org-mode core, I’m not in favour. This is no > reflection on the package, which I think is a great addition to the org > ecosystem. My preference would be for this package to be an add-on > package in either ELPA or non-GNU ELPA. > > My main reason for this is because I think we should be striving to make > the core org packages as small and easily maintained as possible, > containing the core functionality used by everyone. While this package > has some very useful functionality, I feel it is functionality which > will be used by a subset of users or by others only occasionally. > > If, at a later date, it turns out a majority of users use this package, > we can review and if necessary/appropriate, bring the package into org core > (assuming copyright is handed over to FSF). Reading your thoughts on this package, I find myself of a similar mind. I think org-transclusion is great, but it may be a bit hasty to add it as a “core” Org feature at this stage. If it looks like a good idea later and/or we end up developing an Org spec with a small core and tiers of features, I could see this being included alongside less-essential features like `#+plot'. All the best, Timothy