Caleb Chase writes: > I discovered a bug with org-capture and org-capture kill when > canceling an item or plain type template on a heading that has only an > empty line for content. Minimal reproduction is as follows: The fix is attached. The reason why this bug is happening is `org-capture-empty-lines-before` adding/removing the lines before the capture region. This situation was not considered by org-capture. Note that `org-capture-empty-lines-before` changes are not going to be restored upon capture abortion. Fixing this will not be trivial (AFAIU, suggestions are welcome) and the gains are marginal - I doubt that anyone is going to care much about this side effect. Of course, feel free to disagree by replying. Best, Ihor