Laurenz Wiskott writes: > There is one feature however that I really miss: It used to be that I could add an entry > with a certain number of stars in the first line, and then 'org-global-cycle' using S-TAB > would allow to make all the headlines visible only up to that many stars. For instance, > a file with > > > *** - > * 1 > ... > after one or two S-TAB (depending on the initial folding state) would look like > > *** - > * 1 > ** 2 > *** 3 > > without the 4-star headline visible. If I remove one star in the first line and type > S-TAB once or twice, then it looks like > > ** - > * 1 > ** 2 > > I found that a convenient way of controlling the depth of the CONTENT view (I believe it > is called). That does not work any more. Typing S-TAB once or twice leads to the > CONTENTS view that shows all headlines, no matter how many stars and independently of the > first line. This was not documented and caused by implementation detail. > Here is an example for 'org-cycle' > > * 1 > *** - > ** A > *** Aa > ... > Typing TAB once or twice (depending on the initial folding state) on the main headline (* > 1) yields the view: > > * 1 > *** - > ** A > *** Aa > ** B > *** Ba It is a bug in `org-fold-show-children'. The reason your example works has nothing to do with what the function intends to do. Fix is attached.