Giovanni Pavolini writes: > I wanted to customize my default font by `(custom-set-faces '(default > ((t(:family "Ubuntu")))))`. Then, after `M-x org-table-create` the TAB > started creating a cell to the left of the one it should have jumped to > (see a video here (webmd video of the screencast): > https://u.pcloud.link/publink/show?code=XZVXhe0Z2K8AAQBKOwQH7uE7LkNtHYGlHQTy > ). The expected behaviour is that TAB only jumps to the next cell, > without creating additional ones. The actual behaviour is, depending on > the family font used, it does create an additional cell. Not every > font causes the unexpected behaviour. [ Side note: we prefer text descriptions on the mailing lists. Videos, especially uploaded to third-party servers, may disappear after several years, leading to losing access to discussion context. Also, not every reader can access non-text information (consider blind users) ] From the video the reproducer is the following: 1. emacs -q 2. Create a new Org file 3. M-x org-table-create 2x2 4. a TAB table TAB a TAB table 5. Observe table filled with "a" and "table" cells | a | table | |---+-------| | a | table | 6. M-: (custom-set-faces '(default ((t (:family "Noto Sans CJK HK"))))) 7. Move point to the end of buffer 8. Repeat steps 3-4 9. Observe | a | | table | |---+---+------| | | a | table | I was able to reproduce using Org mode version shipped with Emacs 29. I was unable to reproduce using the latest Org mode version. May you please try to upgrade Org mode? Does the problem disappear then? P.S. Attaching the list of working/non-working fonts to keep it available for future reference.