Hello to all I still don't understand the use of properties. My problem is quite easy, I think, but I can't figure it out in the documentation. I have my "areas of responsibility" on the first level, the second level represents projects, which are tagged with :PROJECT:. The third level represents either the list of next action items (tagged with contexts) or -- if the project is lager -- some milestones are interpolated: * Teaching #+CATEGORY: Teaching ** Sanskrit I (WS08) :PROJECT: #+CATEGORY: Sanskrit I *** NEXT Look for Introductions :LIBRARY: *** NEXT Borrow the chosen books :LIBRARY: *** NEXT Ask students for convenient date :EMAIL: ** History of Indian Religion (WS08) :PROJECT: #CATEGORY: Indian Religion *** Plan part on Buddhism :MILESTONE: **** NEXT Look for Books :LIBRARY: **** NEXT Chose readings for students :OFFICE: *** Plan part on Hinduism :MILESTONE: **** NEXT Look for books :LIBRARY: **** NEXT Invite guest-speaker :PHONE: * Misc Office #+CATEGORY: Misc Office ** Proofread Sociology-Article :PROJECT: #+CATEGORY: Sociology-Article *** NEXT Make a printout :COMPUTER: ** Install Emacs on every colleague's PC :PROJECT: #+CATEGORY: Bring joy to the world This works quite good. I can produce agenda-views that show, for example, each next action with LIBRARY context, while the #+CATEGORY property yields the associated project's name: ,---- | Sanskrit: NEXT Look for books :LIBRARY: | Sanskrit: NEXT Borrow chosen books :LIBRARY: | Indian Religion: NEXT Look for books :LIBRARY: `---- THE PROBLEM: When viewing projects with C-c C-a P or stuck projects with C-c C-a # the first column is wrong, because the #+CATEGORY property has been changed by a preceding project. For example, the project "Install Emacs on every colleague's PC" is stuck, because it doesn't contain any TODOs (you see how urgent it is to help me). So, I would like it to appear in the stuck-projects-view or in the general projects' view as: ,---- | Misc Office: Install Emacs on every colleague's PC :PROJECT: `---- Instead it reads: ,---- | Sociology-Article: Install Emacs on every colleague's PC :PROJECT: `---- I've tried to mark my projects with :CATEGORY: since the documentation says: ,---- | If you would like to have a special CATEGORY for a single entry or a | (sub)tree, give the entry a :CATEGORY: property with the location as | the value. `---- But the problem remains. What have I misunderstood? In other words, how can I set the category for my projects (2nd level with sub-trees) while keeping the category of the "areas of responsibility" (1st level) intact over the whole tree? Thanks for help Sven