* Quickly Switch Between TODO States
@ 2008-02-13 16:52 Wanrong Lin
From: Wanrong Lin @ 2008-02-13 16:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi,

I am trying to get the quick TODO state switching work. I put the
following line as in the online manual in my org file

#+SEQ_TODO: TODO(t) STARTED(s) WAITING(w) | DONE(d)

But when I press C-c C-c, I only see my tags in the selection window. The online manual does not elaborate on this much, so I wonder whether someone can help me out here.

Thanks a lot!

Wanrong

* Re: Quickly Switch Between TODO States
@ 2008-02-13 17:02 ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2008-02-13 17:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Wanrong Lin; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Wanrong Lin <wanrong.lin@gmail.com> writes:

> I am trying to get the quick TODO state switching work. I put the following
> line as in the online manual in my org file
>
> #+SEQ_TODO: TODO(t) STARTED(s) WAITING(w) | DONE(d)
>
> But when I press C-c C-c, I only see my tags in the selection
> window. The online manual does not elaborate on this much, so I wonder
> whether someone can help me out here.

Did you try C-c C-t ?

,----[ (info "(org)TODO basics") ]
| The most important commands to work with TODO entries are:
|
| `C-c C-t'
|      Rotate the TODO state of the current item among
|
|           ,-> (unmarked) -> TODO -> DONE --.
|           '--------------------------------'
|
|      The same rotation can also be done "remotely" from the timeline and
|      agenda buffers with the `t' command key (*note Agenda commands::).
`----

Hope this helps,

--
Bastien

* Re: Quickly Switch Between TODO States
@ 2008-02-13 17:19   ` Wanrong Lin
                       ` (2 more replies)
From: Wanrong Lin @ 2008-02-13 17:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

> Did you try C-c C-t ?
>
> ,----[ (info "(org)TODO basics") ]
> | The most important commands to work with TODO entries are:
> |
> | `C-c C-t'
> |      Rotate the TODO state of the current item among
> |
> |           ,-> (unmarked) -> TODO -> DONE --.
> |           '--------------------------------'
> |
> |      The same rotation can also be done "remotely" from the timeline and
> |      agenda buffers with the `t' command key (*note Agenda commands::).
> `----
>
> Hope this helps,

C-c C-t is what I have been using, but recently I am a little bit tired
of the cycling (especially when I have 7 TODO states), so I wish to have
something that can let me select a TODO state directly, like C-c C-c
does for tags.

@ 2008-02-13 17:26     ` William Henney
From: William Henney @ 2008-02-13 17:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Wanrong Lin; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On Feb 13, 2008 11:19 AM, Wanrong Lin <wanrong.lin@gmail.com> wrote:
> C-c C-t is what I have been using, but recently I am a little bit tired
> of the cycling (especially when I have 7 TODO states), so I wish to have
> something that can let me select a TODO state directly, like C-c C-c
> does for tags.

C-u C-c C-t works for me

Also see sec 5.2.4 of manual "(org)Fast access to TODO states" for
other options.

Cheers

Will

--

  Dr William Henney, Centro de Radioastronomía y Astrofísica,
  Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México, Campus Morelia

* Re: Quickly Switch Between TODO States
@ 2008-02-13 17:27     ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2008-02-13 17:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Wanrong Lin <wanrong.lin@gmail.com> writes:

>> Did you try C-c C-t ?
>>
>> ,----[ (info "(org)TODO basics") ]
>> | The most important commands to work with TODO entries are:
>> |      Rotate the TODO state of the current item among
>> |           '--------------------------------'
>> and
>> |      agenda buffers with the `t' command key (*note Agenda commands::).
>> `----
>>
>> Hope this helps,
>>

> C-c C-t is what I have been using, but recently I am a little bit tired of
> the cycling (especially when I have 7 TODO states), so I wish to have
> something that can let me select a TODO state directly, like C-c C-c
> does for tags.

Then you also want (setq org-use-fast-todo-selection t)

--
Bastien

* Re: Quickly Switch Between TODO States
@ 2008-02-13 17:32     ` Hugo Schmitt
From: Hugo Schmitt @ 2008-02-13 17:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Wanrong Lin; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Wanrong,
I have it configured like this:

(setq org-todo-keywords
      '((sequence
         "TODO(t)" "STARTED(s)" "WAITING(w)" "UNTESTED(u)" "|"
         "DONE(d)" "DEFERRED(f)" "CANCELLED(x)")))

(setq org-use-fast-todo-selection t)

then all it takes is C-c C-t and then a key (t,s,w)...

Cheers,
Hugo

@ 2008-02-13 18:42       ` Wanrong Lin
From: Wanrong Lin @ 2008-02-13 18:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: emacs-orgmode

Yes, this works for me now. Thanks a lot.
I though once I have those "(t)", "(s)" defined in the TODO keyword, I
will have one-key access to the TODO keywords.

Also, I think probably the manual should be changed as it says "C-c C-c"
does quick TODO selection.  The original text:

--------------------------

C-c C-c
    Use the fast tag interface to quickly and directly select a specific
    TODO state. For this you need to assign keys to TODO state, like this:

              #+SEQ_TODO: TODO(t) STARTED(s) WAITING(w) | DONE(d)

    See Per file keywords
    <http://staff.science.uva.nl/%7Edominik/Tools/org/org.html#Per-file-keywords>
    and Setting tags
    <http://staff.science.uva.nl/%7Edominik/Tools/org/org.html#Setting-tags>
    for more information.

@ 2008-02-13 18:56         ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2008-02-13 18:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Wanrong Lin; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Wanrong Lin <wanrong.lin@gmail.com> writes:

> Also, I think probably the manual should be changed as it says "C-c C-c"
> does quick TODO selection.  The original text:

Fixed, thanks!

--
Bastien