On Mon, 19 Jul 2010 08:10:49 -0400, "Emin.shopper Martinian.shopper" wrote: > > Dear Experts, > > I really like the date-tree feature of org-remember and use it to plan > my daily agenda. Often I want to plan things in the future and fill > out an entry for a couple of weeks hence. It's slightly annoying to > try to remember the day of week and date so that it will match the > date-tree format. > > Is there a function/utility/suggestion for prepopulating a month's > worth of date-tree daily nodes? > > Thanks, > -Emin > > _______________________________________________ > Emacs-orgmode mailing list > Please use `Reply All' to send replies to the list. > Emacs-orgmode@gnu.org > http://lists.gnu.org/mailman/listinfo/emacs-orgmode I know this doesn't actually answer your question but what I do is simply bring up the agenda view and then insert an entry in the right day using "i d". This will create a date-tree entry if you've set the right variable, specifically org-agenda-diary-file to point to the date-tree file. However, I also would like org-capture to handle this situation... for instance, I would sometimes like todo entries that I define with org-capture to be placed in a date tree structure for either of the scheduled or deadline dates that todo entry is initially defined with.