On 25 May 2011, Sven Bretfeld wrote: > Hi Nick, hi all > > Nick Dokos writes: >> >> thing - I run emacs24 and it's present there, but I just tried emacs23 >> and it does not seem to be there even after I load-library >> minibuffer.el. > > That's right. Emacs 23 does not contain completion-at-point-functions. > Is it possible that all you guys are using Emacs 24? > > I have copied the definition of this variable from the trunk version of > minibuffer.el into my .emacs file. Now the error message doesn't occur > any longer. Anyway completion does not work. Also the other Gnus-related > features of org-contacts don't work (for example ";" in the Summary > Buffer). > > Can I conclude that org-contacts.el is for Emacs 24 only? That would be > a pity (and is not mentioned anywhere). Hi Sven, I run org-contacts on Emacs 23.3, there is a `completion-at-point-functions' and org-contacts works just fine. But I recall myself trying with Gnus and it didn't work because `completion-at-point' was not bound to keys. But with wanderlust I don't see any issues. The problems must lie with Gnus or the Gnus/org-contacts integration. Michael