Hi Jason, Jason Dunsmore writes: > It looks like it removes top-level headings from the refile targets, but > nothing below that. For example, in the org file below, place the > cursor on Subheading1 and type "M-x org-refile". The current > heading will be in the list of refile targets. > > * Heading1 > ** Subheading1 > * Heading2 Okay, I didn't get it first. Please test this attached patch against latest git. There are two limitations: 1. It works only if `org-refile-use-cache' is nil. 2. Targets are not excluded when refiling is done from the agenda (see Bernt's bug report about this) I think those limitations are okay -- but let me know what you think.