Jean Louis writes: > Some people maybe access multiple Org files through Agenda, me I > don't. Some items are "non existent" and I do not know how to ask > agenda to refresh itself. Simply press the letter g. For my own setup I run code in a hook to update the agenda whenever I change a TODO state, clock in or clock out, but that has performance problems when I do it while the Agenda is shown. (defvar todo-modified-from-agenda nil "Indicates whether org-mode todo state changes were triggered from the agenda. Check this to avoid trying to propagate the change back into the agenda") ;; continuously update agenda view, from http://thomasf.github.io/solarized-css/test/org-hacks.html (defun kiwon/org-agenda-redo-in-other-window () "Call org-agenda-redo function even in the non-agenda buffer." (interactive) (when (not (and (boundp 'todo-modified-from-agenda) todo-modified-from-agenda)) ; org-state non-nil means we’re coming from the org-after-todo-state-change-hook, which would throw when changing todo states from agenda due to a circular action (let ((agenda-window (get-buffer-window (or (and (boundp 'org-agenda-buffer-name) org-agenda-buffer-name) "plan.org") t))) (when agenda-window (with-selected-window agenda-window (org-agenda-redo)))))) ;; advice agenda todo to avoid redo, thanks to http://nullprogram.com/blog/2013/01/22/ (defadvice org-agenda-todo (before org-agenda-disable-redo activate) (setq todo-modified-from-agenda t)) (defadvice org-agenda-todo (after org-agenda-enable-redo activate) (setq todo-modified-from-agenda nil)) (add-hook 'org-clock-in-hook 'kiwon/org-agenda-redo-in-other-window) (add-hook 'org-clock-out-hook 'kiwon/org-agenda-redo-in-other-window) (add-hook 'org-after-todo-state-change-hook 'kiwon/org-agenda-redo-in-other-window) Best wishes, Arne -- Unpolitisch sein heißt politisch sein ohne es zu merken