From: Christian Moe <mail@christianmoe.com>
To: Tim Cross <theophilusx@gmail.com>
Cc: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org
Subject: Re: Free up C-c SPC/org-table-blank-field?
Date: Fri, 05 Feb 2021 10:41:34 +0100	[thread overview]

Tim Cross writes:

>>> Does it actually need a key binding? I've never used it and just use
>>> <tab> to move to the next field, leaving the field blank.
>>
>> I assume it's meant for blanking a field you've already typed something
>> into. But yes, I can't imagine it's a heavily-used command, and I
>> suspect the C-c <SPC> binding is mostly mnemonic: "make this field
>> contain only blanks".
>>

> I guess that makes sense, but not convinced the use of a valuable key
> binding is justified given the need. Then again, others probably have
> vastly different use cases to mine.

One can also blank a field by pressing <SPC> immediately after tabbing
into it. So C-c <SPC> isn't strictly needed.

(Though since you typically discover you want to blank a field only when
you're actually in it, it can help shave a few seconds off your day that
you'd otherwise use to move out of the field you want to blank and tab
back in ... which is how I've done this until now, being unaware of C-c
<SPC>).

Yours,
Christian