For everyone interested in mode precise table alignment, The attached patch should allow table columns to be aligned pixel-wise. It means, that tables should look much better with variable-pitch fonts and unicode symbols. I would like to get more feedback about how the patch works for different setups. It appears to work flawlessly for me, yet Frank reported issues (even with emacs -Q). I need more datapoints to figure out how to fix the patch. An example table that requires pixel alignment is attached. Please, try to align the table and report if there are any issues. For me, the aligned table looks like in test_screenshot2.png. It should not look like test_screenshot.png. If it is, I would like to know the Emacs version, OS, and results using emacs -Q, if possible. fr ml writes: > I'm using Linux. I've added an org file with a screenshot of it. Thanks! Best, Ihor