No Wayman writes: > I can confirm the issue you've outlined on latest 'main'. > To me it looks like the problem is in `org-inline-hide-tasks'. > I don't use inline tasks, so I'm not sure what the exact expected > behavior is, > but that function uses a `while' during `org-cycle-hook' to > iterate through all of the headings. > My intuition is that it's overshooting a boundary and toggling > visibility on more than it should. > > Does the attached patch behave more in line with what you expect? Your patch will fail with the following counterexample (when there is a subheading containing an inlinetask inside current heading): * Example ** heading 1 xxxxx ** heading 2 *************** TODO Test access with provided credentials xxxxx *************** END *** subheading *************** TODO State "high value" targets :@CB: xxxxx *************** END ** heading 3 xxxxx The recepy is same with original: 1. emacs -Q 2. paste the following snipped (right into the scratch buffer) 3. execute the two commands at the end C-x C-e for each 4. collapse all (TAB TAB) 5. expand Example (TAB) 5. go to heading 2 and expand it (TAB) I propose an alternative patch. See the attached. Best, Ihor