* org-export-async-start: overwriting start-process NAME
@ 2022-01-23 23:05 Viktor Sonesten
From: Viktor Sonesten @ 2022-01-23 23:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

I'm trying to export a PDF asynchronously, but get a void-function on
the first use-package in my init.el. I believe this is because my emacs
installation is wrapped in Nix and by default an emacs that doesn't know
about use-package is used, so I want to override the NAME given applied
on start-process in org-export-async-start.

I'm looking at the below in ox.el

      (let* ((process-connection-type nil)
             (proc-buffer (generate-new-buffer-name "*Org Export Process*"))
             (process
	      (apply
	       #'start-process
	       (append
		(list "org-export-process"
		      proc-buffer
		      (expand-file-name invocation-name invocation-directory)
		      "--batch")
		(if org-export-async-init-file
		    (list "-Q" "-l" org-export-async-init-file)
		  (list "-l" user-init-file))
		(list "-l" temp-file))) ; ...

and it seems that "org-export-process" is NAME here, but that's not
something I have in PATH.

* Re: org-export-async-start: overwriting start-process NAME
@ 2022-01-24  0:25 ` Viktor Sonesten
From: Viktor Sonesten @ 2022-01-24  0:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Viktor Sonesten <v@tmplt.dev> writes:
> [...] so I want to override the NAME given applied on start-process in
> org-export-async-start.
I missed some documentation: it's PROGRAM I'm looking for, not NAME.
PROGRAM is invocation-name, so "emacs" by default.

Thanks for being the rubber duck.